ANNUAL EEO PUBLIC FILE REPORT The purpose of the EEO Public File Report (“Report”) is to comply with Section 73.2080(c)(6) of the FCC’s 2002 EEO Rule. This report has been prepared on behalf of the Station Employment Unit that is comprised of stations WPEL (AM) and WPEL-FM in Montrose, Pennsylvania and is required to be placed in the public inspection file of the stations and posted on the stations’ website.
The information contained in the Report covers the time period beginning April 1, 2014 to and including March 31, 2015.
Effective August 1, 2014 the number of full time employees at WPEL-AM-FM Station Employment Unit increased from 4 to 5.
The FCC’s 2002 EEO Rule requires this report to contain the following information:
1. A list of all full time vacancies filled by the stations comprising the Station Employment Unit during the applicable period:
2. For each vacancy, the recruitment sources utilized to fill the vacancy (including, if applicable, organizations entitled to notification pursuant to Section 73.2080(c)(1)(ii) of the new EEO Rule, which should be separately identified,) by name, address, contact person and telephone number.
Pennsylvania Career Link, 218 Main St Unit 1, Towanda, PA 18848
Allen Hubler, 570 265-2171
Baptist Bible College, 538 Venard RD, Clarks Summit, PA 18411,
Jeremy Yeckley, Director of Career Services, 570 585-9316
Davis College Placement Office, 400 Riverside Drive, Johnson City, NY 13790
Niki Post, Chief Student Development Director, 607 729-1581 Ext. 311
Internal Posting, WPEL PO Box 248, Montrose, PA 18801
Lloyd Sheldon, General Manager, 570 278-2811
3. The recruitment source that referred the hiree for each full-time vacancy during the application period.
4. Data reflecting the total number of persons interviewed for full-time vacancies during the Applicable Period and the total number of interviewees referred by each recruitment source utilized in connection with such vacancies.
Pennsylvania Career Link (2)
Baptist Bible College (0)
Davis College Placement Office (0)
Internal Posting (3)
Station Website (2)
5. A list and brief description of the initiatives undertaken pursuant to Section 73.2080(c)(2) of the FCC Rules.
Religious Broadcasters are exempt from compliling this report.
For purposes of the Report, a vacancy was deemed “filled” not when the offer was extended but when the hiree accepted the job offer. A person was deemed “interviewed” whether he or she was interviewed in person, over the telephone or by e-mail.